Thursday, February 5, 2015

Fifty Shades of Pure, Unadulterated & {RADICAL} Love

Here's what I know:

1. I Love Jesus & I want to follow His commandments. 

-Follow my advice, my son; always treasure my commands. Obey my commands and live! Guard my instructions as you guard your own eyes! Tie them on your fingers as a reminder. Write them deep within your heart. Proverbs 7:1-3

I have learned (the hard way) that HIS plans for me are far better than my own agenda and desires. I can trust that by submitting to His authority He will bless me in ways I would've never imagined! On the contrary- when I have blatantly ignored His commands and gone my own way- I have (and still do) face consequences. 

The Lord does not turn a blind eye toward sin.

-For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. Romans 1:18

-We are lying if we say we have fellowship with God but go on living in spiritual darkness; we are not practicing the truth. 1 John 1:6

-So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. HAVE NOTHING TO DO with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these sins the wrath of God is coming. Colossians 3:5-6

He disciplines those He loves. 

-For the LORD disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child. Hebrews 12:6

2. The Bible tells us what God's intentions were with sex. He meant it exclusively for marriage. Outside of marriage it is wrong and it is SIN.  

-Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. Hebrews 13:4

-It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5

-They have eyes full of adultery, insatiable for sin...  2 Peter 2:14

-They have no sense of shame. They live for lustful pleasure and eagerly practice every kind of impurity. Ephesians 4:19

-You have heard the commandment that says, "You must not commit adultery." But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Matthew 5:27-28

Not saying that there isn't grace enough to blot this sin out, but Grace is not a permission slip to go out and sin freely. The Bible says that if you love God you will obey Him. 

-Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them. John 14:21

3. The Bible also tells us what to do with sin and temptation. 

Run. FLEE! Get away from it! Chop off your hand if necessary! 

-And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.  Matthew 5:30

Why is it so important to flee? Because God LOVES us & He knows the destruction that sin brings. 

What He wants for us is so. much. better. 

Holiness. Look that one up. 

The icing on the cake here- He promised to always provide a way out, an escape! 

-The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure. 1 Corinthians 10:13 

Again, because He LOVES us! 

4. I don't say any of this in a self-righteous or judgmental tone! 

I love Christ and because of my love for Him, I love you!  

I have learned so much the hard way. Too much. I know (too well) the (self-induced) pain of sin. 

I don't want that for you. 

HE doesn't want that for you. 

He wants your heart - your full surrender - for you to follow hard after Him - to trust Him & let Him rule your life. 

It's a radical choice. 

Just as the sacrifice for He made for you was radical. 

Because His love for you is radical! 

I pray that these words will take root in your heart and spur you towards holiness. 

-But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the scriptures say, "You must be Holy as I am Holy." 1 Peter 1:15-16 

This means to be set apart for Him. Let your desire be for Jesus & nothing else. 

Bottom line- the books and the movie Fifty Shades of Grey promote sin- 
which God instructs us to RUN AWAY FROM - because of His great and radical Love for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment