Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Yes, as a matter of fact, Heaven IS for real... (TAKE 2!)

In anticipation of the nearing release date of a major motion picture based on the best-selling book "Heaven is for Real" I am re-posting my original post from April 2011 with a few minor edits and additions. 


Yes, as a matter of fact, Heaven IS for real...


And what source might I base this bold claim on...?


Brace yourself.

...

It's

...


THE BIBLE!


Yes, it's true, the Bible ...
His WORD ...
tells us about Heaven!

I don't know about you, but I believe the Bible
and it is enough for me!

I believe that the Bible is the Revelation of God
through His Son Jesus Christ.

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son,
who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14

Jesus was the physical embodiment of the Word of God.
Everything in Scripture points us to Jesus.

God gave us the Bible so that we would know Him.
Everything He wants us to know is in His Word.

What He wants me to know about sin,
is in the Bible.

What He wants me to know about Love,
is in the Bible.

What He wants me to know about forgiveness,
is in the Bible.

What He wants me to know about money,
is in the Bible.

What He wants me to know about Heaven ....

well you guessed it-

it's in the Bible!

So you may be wondering what exactly my point is?

and other books like it?

No, I'm not.

I simply want to point you back to Jesus.


If we truly long to know what God wants us to know
about Heaven then why not go to the ultimate source-
HIS WORD?

And what do we find when we go there?

“All the Biblical writers who saw Heaven and described their visions give comparatively sparse details but they agreed perfectly: their visions are all fixated on The Glory of God … which defines heaven and illuminates everything there …  they are overwhelmed, chagrin, petrified & put to silence by the sheer magnitude of God’s holiness!” 


What is it that we're looking for
when we read a book like "Heaven is for Real"?

Are we looking for a sign?

"A wicked and perverse generation will seek a sign" Matthew 16:4

What should we be looking for?

Let's look for Jesus.

"Does this book say anything significant or of substance
about Jesus Christ or his atoning work on the cross?"
-Bill Wright (my Sunday School teacher)


"The Burpo family offers us confidence,
through their experience,
that what God says is true.
This proof is exactly the kind of proof
we should not need
and should not want.
If hope is to be found in any person,
it will be found in the person of Christ.
It is the Spirit working through the Word
who will give us confidence in our faith.
And what is faith?
It is simply believing that what God says is true.
We do not need tales of heaven
or stories of those who claim to have been there.
If God's Word is not sufficient for you,
if the testimony of his Spirit, given to believers,
is not enough for you,
you will not find any true hope
in the unproven tales of a child.
This hope may last for a moment,
but it will not sustain you, it will not bless you,
in those times when hope is waning and times are hard."

Let me challenge you to immerse yourself in GOD'S WORD!

When you go to outside sources for spiritual nourishment
scrutinize every word against scripture!

If it lines up with Scripture
it will always point you to Jesus
and what He did on the cross.

Other Reviews I recommend:

No comments:

Post a Comment